09 July 2010

Discussion on Washington Property's plan at the 1st Baptist site include:

I am in favor of the Washington Property’s plan to re-use the 1st Baptist Church site. The preliminary plan looks good. I agree with Marion that the issues of safety during an evacuation and storm water management be addressed in some way. --Jeannette

Hi All, regarding the Washington Properties proposed site plan: The rendering looks fine, however, I do have a concern regarding the one entrance and exit to the property. It was considered a safety issue in case of a fire. I remember this same dilemma with Hearthstone Village on University Boulevard. It is a tight development and this issue should be looked at. The suggestion could be a one way out at the rear of the development some way.

The storm water management was also a concern. -- Marian

Other than the above, I would have no objection to supporting the preliminary plan. Marian